Sunday, April 28, 2013

Sunday Evening Post by Dean Moore


George Jones & 49 Other Great Male Singers

The passing of George Jones Friday led many in the media to call him the greatest country singer of all time, which of course is true (well…says me, at least).

Some even called him the greatest singer of all time, period, which I wouldn't waste a ton of breath fighting folks on either. But it got me thinking about who else is up there with him on my personal list of favorite male vocalists. I came up with 50 to share with y'all on a Spotify playlist.

So, who do you think I glaringly omitted? Or egregiously included? (Some I left off on purpose, some I'm sure I just spaced on.) If you have a reeeeeally good argument for somebody not on here, gimme the song he sings the pertiest on and I'll add it to the playlist…
  
SPOTIFY PLAYLIST (Allergy Warning: May contain traces of cheese): http://open.spotify.com/user/deanmachine777/playlist/3OQ4AuiS3qz6kfMYi0zsGA

vocaLIST (alphabetical):
Alex Chilton
Andy Partridge
Art Garfunkel
Bill Withers
Billy Joel
Brian Wilson
Colin Hay
Conway Twitty
David Bowie
Don Henley
Elton John
Elvis Costello
Elvis Presley
Freddie Mercury
George Jones
Glen Campbell
Graham Nash
Harry Nilsson
Jack Bruce
Joe Jackson
John Fogerty
John Lennon
Kenny Rogers
Lefty Frizzell
Lionel Richie
Lou Gramm
Marvin Gaye
Michael Jackson
Nat King Cole
Neil Diamond
Neil Finn
Otis Redding
Paul McCartney
Paul Rodgers
Peter Cetera
Phil Lynott
Prince
Richard Manuel
Robert Palmer
Rod Stewart
Roy Orbison
Russell Hitchcock
Sam Cooke
Seal
Smokey Robinson
Steve Perry
Steve Winwood
Stevie Wonder
Sting
Willie Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment